Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pictures finally!

So, I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of our new home here in El Paso. Don't get too excited- it's not the full- blown pictorial tour yet. I still have too much stuff to do to present the finished product just yet, but there are little spots scattered throughout the house that have turned out just how I wanted them to (and some that I tweak every time I walk by). So, for your viewing pleasure ;), here is a little glimpse into the house we're making our home:

 Our bed in the master bedroom. As some of you probably know, my dad and I made this bed as a surprise for Nathanael when he was deployed last year.


The "picture wall" in the master bedroom.

 A little mushiness at the end of the hallway leading to the master bedroom... and Mona's rump... ;)

 Our entry hallway. Sometimes this area gets a little messy, since it's where drop all of our stuff when we come through the door, but we're working on it.

 Mona was SO helpful when I was taking these pictures... she tried to find a way to get some part of herself in every shot.
 The coffee corner in the kitchen.

The laundry area (notice the very attractive phone jack and circuit box). This is right in the kitchen, so I'm still trying to come up with ideas to make this work, but I love the vinyl saying I found for the wall. 

Part of the living room, with the dining room behind it. 

The arrangement I have on the dining table, with one of our $10 Craiglist chairs (that I WILL get around to painting someday...).

A set of decorations on the wall in the hallway. The top picture is one of my favorite things- my grandma embroidered it, and my grandpa gave it to me after she went to Heaven. Also, the hygrometer/ clock/ thermometer lets us know just how hot and humid it is in our house. ;)

I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse into our home. We're still hard at work getting things put away and rearranged... Hopefully, I'll be ready to take more pictures soon so I can show you more of the layout of our home, etc. I hope everybody's having a great summer! :) Try to stay cool (as in temperature-wise, I know all of you will always be "cool")!

No comments:

Post a Comment