Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!

I hope everyone had a GREAT New Year's holiday! Now, time to make it a great year! I know that there are lots of people who are going through some difficult times, or who already know there are rough times ahead in 2012, but whether or not we have a great year is really up to each of us, right?

Did anybody else make "resolutions" for the new year? I try to think of mine more as goals... that way I have a plan and also a finish line (that's the oldest child overachiever in me). Nathanael and I both set goals in several areas of our lives. And, since it's easy to forget things that aren't right in front of you, we have them posted on the wall above our computer:


In case you couldn't tell, the scribbly green post-its are mine, and the carefully outlined and typed out lists are Nathanael's. And yes, that does say something about our respective personalities! ;) Some of my goals for 2012 are:
- Post on this blog at least once a week.
-Plan more challenges at the daily style blog I co-write with my friend Marriah.
- Work out at least 3 times per week.
- Try 2 new recipes per month.
- Learn 1 arranged piece of piano music per month.
-Go 1 week without makeup.
I have a few more, and I'll probably add to the list as the year goes on. Most of my goals are designed to push me to learn new things, get out of ruts I'm in, discipline myself, etc. Just because I'm 30-ish now doesn't mean I should stop learning and trying new things, ya know? So 2012 is going to be the year of pushing myself! Or at least that's the plan! ;) I'll try to keep you updated on how it's going... and maybe even post the results of some of my goals.

Just for fun, I thought I should include this video of Nathanael and Finley on New Year's Eve. Part of it is sideways because I wasn't thinking about the fact that you can't rotate a video like you can a photo (duh!). As you can see, they really love each other ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment