Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to me! {Reading Kit Gift Idea}

Yay! It's my birthday today! Happy birthday to me!! ;) As I've gotten older, I've tried to become "more adult" about my birthday and not get excited, but I can't help it! And I don't really even mind that I'm getting older- it's not like I can prevent it, so I might as well celebrate it, right?

I wanted to share what Nathanael got me for my birthday- not only because I want to brag on him because he's so awesome (he is!), but also because it's a really, really great idea. Seriously, I thought maybe he had been peeking at my boards on Pinterest. But nope, he came up with this all by himself! And I love it!!

I love to read, and a few years ago Nathanael bought me a Kindle for Christmas. This year for my birthday, he put together a "reading kit" for me in three separate packages.

The first package said it was to make me more comfortable while I read:



The second one included things to snack on and drink while I'm reading:


And the third package had some items to grow my library:


I know that's not a great picture, but that's a gift card for Amazon to buy more books for my Kindle.

Here is my whole "reading kit" together:



I have to say, I'm very impressed! And a little jealous that I didn't think of this myself. This is seriously a great gift for people who like to read! I'm so blessed to have a husband who knows me so well and who is so thoughtful!


On a side note, I'm working on getting more posts ready to share some things that I've done and made for Christmas... we'll see if they'll actually get done or not... ;)

I hope everybody is having a great December so far- try not to stress out too much & be sure to take time to make memories!



No comments:

Post a Comment