Friday, March 16, 2012

Luck O' The Irish

Top o' the mornin' to ya! Are you ready for St. Patrick's Day? I know most people don't technically count St. Patrick's Day as a "holiday", but those people must not be Irish! ;) My family has always told stories about our Irish ancestors, and recently, I've been doing some work on Ancestry.com and found that we do actually have several links to Ireland!  Éire go Brách! There's just something about knowing that you have Irish blood that makes you feel like Ireland is calling to you... ;)
I've always celebrated St. Patrick's Day with fanfare & revelry (how are those for some big words?). This year, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite stuff for St. Patrick's Day:

This Veggie Tales video about St. Patrick's Day is hilarious! I know it's a wee bit long, but it makes me laugh!





Here's an outfit I put together for the style blog I write for:






The website for Ireland's tourism board- beautiful pictures! Someday I'll make it there!


An interesting article about the things that Patrick believed and preached.




However you chose to celebrate St, Patrick's Day, I hope you have a great one filled with fun, love, and laughter! I leave you with this traditional Irish blessing:


May the light always find you on a dreary day
When it's home you need to be, may you always find your way
May you always have the courage to take a chance
And may you never find frogs in your underpants!

No comments:

Post a Comment