Friday, March 9, 2012

2 recipes for February

As you may recall, one of my new year's resolutions is to try 2 new recipes per month. I shared in this post that my 2 recipes for  January were Cheesestick Light Sabers and Bacon, Egg, & Toast Cups. Yummy! This is one of my resolutions that I've been pretty good about keeping up, and I wanted to share 2 new recipes that I tried in February.

The first one is for "Bubbly Love Potion" that I made for our Valentine's Day dinner... I wish I had pictures of my own, but the batteries went out in the camera and I didn't feel like hunting down new ones in the middle of our dinner. It turned out SO delicious! I ended up getting a mixed berry sherbet instead of the raspberry that the recipe calls for, and the extra berry taste made it even better, in my opinion. You can find the recipe here. So yummy, and simple! I'm sure this could be used for punch at a shower or party, as well.



The next recipe is also from Pinterest. Lasagna is one of my favorite favorite favorite foods, so when I found this recipe for lasagna soup, I HAD to try it! I ended up making it a little different- I used ground beef, no- boil lasagna noodles that had been soaked in water for about 15 minutes and then broken up, and whatever spices I had in the cabinet (I think it ended up being garlic, basil, oregano, and some Italian seasoning mix). It was very good! When I make it again, I think I'll try using a different pasta- maybe the farfalle like the recipe suggests. Here's the finished result, served with some bolillo (I didn't have any French bread).



I've already got plans for some more recipes to try in March- maybe this recipe for a dessert called "Tom Selleck"... hmmmm... yummy!

For even more new recipe fun, check out my recipe board on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment